16. The management of the affairs of CESYAN shall be entrusted to an Executive Body which shall be entitled, the Executive Body of the CESYAN The property of the CESYAN shall be vested in the Executive Body and in any proceedings: civil or criminal, may be described properly of the Executive Body. In any proceedings, the CESYAN may sue or be sued in the name of the Director or such other member as shall in reference to the matter concerned be appointed by the Executive Body for the Occasion.
17. The first members of the Executive Body of the CESYAN shall be those mentioned in clause 6 of the memorandum of Association. They shall hold office until a new Executive Body is appointed according to these Rules. The Executive Body shall consist of the following:
01 President To be elected by the General Body
2-5 Four Members: To be elected by the General Body
6-7 Two experts/Researchers
in the field of Yoga or
related discipline: To be nominated by the Executive Body
08 One expert of Medicine or
PhysiologY To be nominated by the Executive Body
09 Director, CESYAN Member Secretary
10 Joint Secretary- cum
Treasure One of the members of the Executive Body
18. The Director shall maintain a register of members of the Executive Body which shall show the individual names of all ex-officio members. A separate register shall be maintained for other members.
Duration of Appointment of Members
19. The tenure of members of the Executive Body will be 5 years. A Member may however, be removed through a resolution of the Executive Body by a simple majority of members present.
20. A Member of the Executive Body shall cease to be member if he resigns, becomes unsound mind, becomes insolvent, gets convicted or involved in a criminal offence bearing moral turpitude or is removed from the post by virtue of which he was holding the membership.
21. Resignation of membership shall be tendered to the Executive Body in person to its Member-Secretary and shall not take effect until it has been accepted on behalf of the Executive Body by the President.
22. Any vacancy in the membership of the Executive Body caused by death or by anyof 22 the reasons mentioned in these Sub-rules shall be filled in the same manner as provided in Rule 17.
Proceedings of the Executive Body:
23. The meetings of the Executive Body shall be held at least twice a year and at such time and place as the President shall decide. If the President shall receive a requisition for calling a meeting signed by one-third members of the Executive Body he shall call such a meeting as soon as may be reasonably possible and at such place as he may deem fit.
24. At the annual meeting of the Executive Body the following business shall be brought forward and disposed of.
(a) The income and expenditure account and the balance sheet for the past year
(b) Annual report of the CESYAN
(c) The budget for the next year.
(d) Proposals for enquiries and research work for the next year.
(e) The appointment of Standing Committees.
(f) Other business on the agenda
(g) Other business brought forward with the assent of the President.
25. Every notice calling a meeting of the Executive Body shall state the date, time and place at which such meeting will be held and shall be served upon every member of the Executive Body not less than seven clear days before the date appointed for the meeting. Such notice shall be under the hand and seal of the Member-Secretary and shall be accompanied by an agenda of the business to be placed before the meeting provided that accidental omission to give such notice to any member shall not invalidate any resolution passed at such meeting.
26. The President or in his absence one of the Members elected from among the members present will act as Chairman of the meeting.
27. One third members of the Executive Body present in person shall form a quorum at every meeting of the Executive Body.
28. All disputed questions at the meeting of the Executive Body shall be determined by Votes.
29. Each member of the Executive Body shall have one vote and in case of an equality of votes the Chairman shall have a casting vote.
30. The Chaiman shall have the right to adjourn any meeting from time to time.
31. Any member desirous to moving any resolution at a meeting of the Executive Body shall give notice thereof in writing to the Member-Secretary of not less than ten clear days before the day of such meeting.
32. Any business which it may become necessary for the Executive Body to perform except such as may be placed before its annual meeting may be carried out by circulation among all its members and resolution so circulated and approved by a majority of the members signing shall be as effectual and binding as if such resolution had been passed at a meeting of the Executive Body provided that at least one third members of the Executive Body have recorded their views on the resolution.
Powers of the Executive Body:
33. The Executive Body has full control of the affairs of the CESYAN and has authority to exercise and perform all the powers, acts and deeds of the CESYAN consistent with the aims and objectives of the CESYAN.
34. The Executive Body shall have full powers in the matter of expenditure from the funds of the CESYAN.
35. The Executive Body shall have’ full power to make such bye-laws as they shall think essential for the regulation of the business of the CESYAN and in particular with reference to the keeping office accounts, the preparation and sanction of budget estimates, the sanctioning of expenditure, entering into contracts, the control and investment of funds of the CESYAN and the sale or alternation of such investment and any other purpose that may be necessary.
36. The Executive Body may accept the management and administration of any endowment or trust fund or any subscription or donation provided that the same is unaccompanied by any condition inconsistent with or in conflict with the nature and objects for which the CESYAN is established.
37. The Executive Body shall review the progress and performance of committees constituted by it and constituent units established under different disciplines and give such policy directives as it may deem fit to the concerned committees and constituent units of the CESYAN.
38. The Executive Body shall be empowered to pay the charges and expenses preliminay and incidental to its establishment and registration.
39. The Executive Body shall have full power to purchase or otherwise acquire any property at such price and generally on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit. and also to hold and dispose of such property.
40. The Executive Body shall have full power to institute conduct, defend, compound. compromise or abandon at any level, the proceedings by or against the CESYAN or otherwise relating to the affairs of the CESYAN.
41. The Executive Body shall have power to invest and deal with the funds and money of the CESYAN upon such securities and in such manner as they think fit and from time to time to vary and realize such investment.
42. The Executive Body shall have power to enter into all such negotiations and contracts and rescind and vary all such contracts and execute and do all such acts, deeds and things as it may consider expedient for or in relation to any of the matters aforesaid or otherwise for the purposes of the CESYAN.
POWERS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE DIRECTOR:
43. The Director shall be the Chief Executive of the CESYAN and shall be responsible for the coordination of policies, planning and execution of various programmes under the CESYAN. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provisions, the Director shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions as specified in the Bye-Laws
and also those laid down below:
(a) He shall do all such acts as may be required for the proper conduct of the ordinary day to day administrative and business duties and affairs of the
(b) He shall allocate duties to the employees of the CESYAN and shall exercise such supervising and executive control as may be necessary subject to the rules and these regulations.
(c) All the correspondence shall be over his signature or of an officer(s) authorized by him in this behalf.
(d) He shall also be a Member (ex-officio) of all the committees appointed by Executive Body and shall attend at his discretion all or any meeting of such committees.
(e) He shall exercise such of the financial and administrative powers as may be delegated by the Executive Body or by the President.
(f) The Director shall sign and execute on behalf of the Executive Body all agreements, contracts etc. which may be necessary for the proper conduct of the business of the Institution.
(g) He shall sign and verify plaints, written documents, statements, affidavits petitions and tabular statements and institute or defend suits, actions and other legal proceedings on behalf of the Executive Body of the CESYAN
(h) He shall have power to compromise, settle or refer to arbitration any dispute relating to the CESYAN after taking competent legal advice
(i) The Director may, subject to such restrictions as he may think fit to impose, authorize an office declared as the Head of the Office/ Drawing Disbursing Officerl Accounts Officer as the case may be to exercise powers conferred upon him under the Bye-Laws
(j) The Director may subject to such restrictions as he may think fit to impose authorize the Head of the Projects to exercise such of the powers conferred upon
him under the Bye-Laws.